Thursday, February 21, 2008

We´ve arrived!

We are here and this is the first time we´ve had access to a computer. My camera broke, so I have hardly taken any pictures, so you KNOW how hard that is for me (Carolyn). Luckily, the others do have cameras, so we´ll post pictures later tonight.

We´ve had an amazing time already! Yesterday we went to see the Sitges church and spent most of the day with Sarah Andrews, Raquel and Eugenio. Later we met Isma and Merce for dinner. We talked a lot about our schedule for the week and what we´d be doing. Today we started with a team meeting and then Eugenio, Dani, Tamar and Raquel took us to the new church in Vilanova and we learned more about their vision for the church, that there are 56,000 unchurched people around the new church in Vilanova, and a little more about the history of the area. Then, we prayed for the church and went to lunch with them. This afternoon was amazing! We went to the church in Sitges and they did a prayer journey for us...the first for all of us! They had stations around the church, where we could go on our own at our own pace and pray for certain things (for example, one station was of the families of the church and had their pictures and prayer requests, so we could pray for each of them and put a face with a name; another was a station where we could write OUR prayer requests and pray for each other; and there were 7 more). They put so much work into it, and it was so powerful and pretty emotional for each of us! These people are so amazing and have such a heart for the Lord and the vision of this church!

Now, we are sitting at David´s house and just had a meeting with the ¨Executive Team¨ (Alvaro, dani, tamar, david and merce) and dinner together. We had a great talk about the vision of their church, how they do small groups etc. and gave suggestions and just had great, open communication. Now I´m writing fast bc- we´re tired and ready for bed. Tomorrow we are going to Barcelona for the day with Sarah Andrews (DAvid, Dani, Tamar are meeting us there too) and will walk around, learn about the history and visit some of the local churches. There is much more to come, so we´ll update you again in a couple of days, but please know that all is well, and we´re already seeing the Lord at work here!

Thank you all for your prayers and support!

love,
Carolyn, Heather, Steve, Michael, ANne, Anne and CHristy

5 comments:

Cara Hain said...

So glad to hear that you all made it safely! Reading your email talking about all the people you have seen really makes me miss being there! Please tell everyone I said Hola and give them a hug for me! I am praying for you! I can't wait to hear the stories in person, and I hope I will still get to see pictures even if Carolyn isn't the one taking them. Thank goodness everyone took cameras. Carolyn, this means you will be IN more pictures rather than behind the camera!!! Yay! I'll check back later.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the update. We families on the other side of the pond are so grateful to hear that everyone is doing well. You all look great! Please know that you are in my prayers every single day. What a wonderful thing you are doing. Keep up the good work, gang!

Jan(Christy's madre)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear you all doing well. You all seem to have so much excitement and your smiles are beautiful!

Melanie said...

HOLA! I am so glad to hear that you have made it safely to Spain. The pictures bring back memories and flood my heart with love for our family in Villanova. Please give hugs and kisses to everyone from me. I love seeing the pictures. Carolyn, I can't believe your camera is broken! You know that I can certainly relate to how you must feel! Blessing to you all! You are being lifted up. I pray that God grants you the ability to think clearly and be yourself in all circumstances. He has called us to greatness and He will give you the strenth to accomplish it for HIM. Carolyn, check on Chave for me and tell him I would love to know how he is doing!

Anonymous said...

Beckham says he misses his buddy. He told us we were "old and boring", however, it doesn't keep him from begging for treats and lots of ATTENTION!! He sends his love and lots of wet kisses! We're happy for all of you and send prayers for everyone. Keep up the good work.
Beckhams's grands