Saturday, February 23, 2008

Spiritual Warfare

(Anne Glenn) speaking. Yesterday was amazing and let me tell you why. The day started early on a train heading to Barcelona with Sarah Andrews. While on the train we met a traveler, who at first we thought he was a bum, going to the airport heading back to Ireland. Much to our surprise he was just like us. Ends up he got off the train without his small bag which held his ID, money and passport. As soon as we realized it we started calling numbers in the address book he left, and then eventually found a police station in Barcelona and filled out a report for him, only to find out that he had filled one out in the airport too, so they had his number, address etc. and were able to call him. God works in many ways and I am glad we were there to find it. We keep him in our prayers and hope he got his bag back and returned home safely. That was our first sign of the day.

After finishing with the police, we then walked around Barcelona. First, we ate a great breakfast in the old marketplace in Barcelona. Then, we went on our first "prayer journey" around the city, with the idea of praying for the people of B'lona etc. in their own element/surroundings. Sarah led us to many historical monuments learning a lot about the war, Franco, and many old and new customs. We walked through churches and down many narrow streets which once were palaces and now museums. It was so peaceful!

In the early afternoon, Sarah took us to eat at a cute restaurant, where Tamar and Dani met us too.

This is where I experienced Spiritual warfare. I am only telling you this because I want to tell you how God worked in my life and my teams' life. I had never experienced this and hope to never again. I had the worst feeling and felt no connection to God, my fellow spanish friends and my teammates. We immediatly walked across the street to the park and all sat down on the grass. They layed their hands on me and all prayed for me. It was moving to hear them all pray for me and the three (Tamar, Dani and Sarah) pray in spanish.

Michael rode the train back with me, and when I got back to our apt. in Sitges, I literally got on my hands and knees and asked God to fill me up and show me my purpose for the trip. ( I know I had jetlag, was exhausted and sleep deprived) but I felt so far from God and no connection. So I went to sleep empty and woke up the next morning feeling alive and filled with life! It felt so good to be back with the team.

Don´t have anymore time and will catch you up back in the states. Forever I am changed and will never be the same.

Anne Glenn

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was there when all this happened, but is really amazing to see today Ann's face, today, she really have a HAPPY face, I love seeing her like that. I also need to say that I'm really exited to be able beeing all this time with this group, I miss a lot yo'll though (I know how to say it but I'm not sure I'm writting in the rigth way,... I'm sorry)
I hope to see yo'll soon
Tamar

Liana said...

Praying for you all!!