Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pictures from Day 2



To the left Alvaro (orange shirt) is practicing the English he has written with Aaron (white shirt). They are beginner level students in the morning classes. Clearly, Alvaro is much older than Aaron, but it's great that he's trying to learn.

Below Jason Ferrell is giving Aaron (a different one) hands on instruction about American Football (Tuesday we covered Sports). Many of those in the class had never seen one before. They passed the ball back & forth a few times. Stephanie Johnston who brought the football over gave it to Aaron as a gift.

To the right is a picture from Tuesday evening when we ate in the home of Josue, Rebeca and their family. We were joined by Pepe, Mari and Maria. (In the photo from left: Josue, Stephanie Johnston, Kelly Angell, Jason Ferrell, Jeff Laman, Julie Allen, Lynne Edmonds and Rebeca). Since Sports was one of the topics, we all wore shirts with our favorite teams logo.

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Press on, friends! It sounds like things are going great. I love the picture of Alvaro and Aaron. How sweet to see them learning together. Prayers are being lifted up!

samuel y sandra said...

You are doing very well!!!!

Congratulations. Thank you for all your work for us in Spain.

Kisses from Sandra and I.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys are doing a WONDERFUL job! Everytime I think about it, I pray for each and every one of you as well as the people you interact with in Sevilla. The pictures are great!!

Carolyn Norton said...

The pix are "fabuloso" (as Julie would say)! Love them! Sounds like things are going well over there. God is soo good!

As Eugenio said in another "comments" section, please keep Marc in your prayers too as he tries to get on a plane (standby) to Atlanta. He's dying to get here and we're dying to see him!

Much love,
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Looks like things are going great!! I love the sports t-shirt idea!
Jenny

Tanya Hyman said...

Hi-
I came across this site looking for an old friend, Lynne Edmonds. I am helping plan our high school class reunion and have been trying to get in touch with her. Our mutual friend Laura gave me an e-mail address but I have not gotten a response. Can you please ask her to e-mail me when she has a chance - jixichick@gmail.com ?

Hope you continue to have fun on your trip - looks like you guys are doing great things!

Tanya (Deems) Hyman

Jennifer said...

Hi Julie and Team,

I'm so glad things are going well! I love the pics from your English class...brings back memories:) I'm praying for you guys!

Love,
Jennifer Johnson

Unknown said...

Hey Guys! Great to hear that you are a blessing to everyone there; I'm sure they encourage you too!

Way to go JASON for getting some American Football in there!!