Monday, June 23, 2008

Day 1

Hola hola!! Well, we had our first session this morning and everything went great!!! Lynne and Kelly had the intermediate group, Jeff and Jason had the advanced group (wow!!!) and I had the basic group. In all we had around 20 people today and many of them are not Christians and don't go to the church. This is a great way for them to connect with some members of the church and have a desire to come back. They were very interested in learning and all did very well. We have another session tonight. Stephanie and I are expecting about 18 in the basic, Lynne and Kelly about the same number they had this morning in the intermediate, and Jeff and Jason the same as well in the advanced. God showed up big time this morning and took away our nervousness and anxiety. We so enjoyed meeting these people, and teaching them some English.

Thanks so much for praying for us and those that are coming this week. Please continue to pray and please don't forget about Marcos, Pepe, Mari, Toni, Maribel, and Nono. They have all been a huge help to us and treat us like family here in Spain. We love you all and we'll be blogging and posting pictures very soon!! Les amamos!!! Julie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad that things went well this morning. I know there are so many people praying for you guys....gotta love the power of prayer! We will all continue....

Anonymous said...

oops!...I really need to figure out this blog thing before my trip since that's my job...lol.

I am SO glad that things went well this morning. I know there are so many people praying for you guys....gotta love the power of prayer! We will all continue....

Melanie said...

GREAT NEWS! I know that God is showing up BIG for you guys! What a wonderful way to bring non-believers into the church! Blessings....and I'm waiting for the pics!

Anonymous said...

We love you and are praying for you.

Carolyn Norton said...

YAY Jules! So excited the first day went well. This is an amazing opportunity for you and your team, and I'm so proud of ya'll for accepting the Lord's call for this.

Please give my love to Pepe and his church (and don't forget to give Pepe the card I sent you with), and let them know they're all in our prayers. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Muchos Bessos!
Carolina

Eugenio Berruezo AFCI European Director said...

Thanks, guys, for what you are doing for the Church in Seville. Here in the north of the country we are praying also for you.
I suppose, already, you will have had the experience of seeing that the people in Seville are very special.

I am sure that God will bless you very much.

A strong hug.

Eugenio, Samuel and Marc (From AFCI)

PD. My son Marc is trying to travel to Atlanta, but it is not easy to find a free seat for him. Can you pray for this motive? Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your team. Stephanie, i love you and miss you. Lydia Hatfield xxx