Saturday, March 1, 2008

Update about the Guy on the Train...

Hey everyone,

First off, I just wanted to say thanks again to the team that was with us here in Sitges last week. We had a great time with you and you planted a lot of seed in our minds that will be growing for a long time.

Also, I wanted to let you know that I got a call the other day related to that man who left his stuff on the train. He got it all back, safe and sound! Except the police threw away his broccoli, too bad :) But he and his 'adopted granddaughter' Mayta, the woman we got in touch with when we were trying to track him down, were very grateful for our help and so, so happy that everything turned out so well. It seems that the hour spent hiking around looking for the police station was worth it! Also, they told me that the man had also been carrying around €1000 in cash, but Mayta convinced him to put it in the bank before travelling. Can you imagine if we'd found a bag with 1000 Euros in it?! That actually would have made a better story, but the poor man might have had a heart attack when he realized he'd left it behind, so I'm glad things didn't pan out that way!!

On a more serious note.... last night our small group (the 'Cubelles' group) met and had a great discussion about the importance of keeping each other accountable for our quiet times. This discussion was 100% inspired by your visit, and I think it was a really positive and necessary thing for us. So, I hope the rest of the group doesn't mind me sharing this, but between all of us we've set out some group objectives for what we want to get out of our quiet times, and we've split into pairs of accountability partners to help make sure we stay on track. We'll keep you posted about how things go. This is definitely an area you can be praying about for us!

Thanks again for everything!!
Love,
Sarah

2 comments:

Michael said...

I am happy to hear we have confirmation of the personal items being returned. I can only imagine how relieved he must have been! Way to go!!!!

I am excited to hear about what action y'all are taking with the small groups. My suspicion is that once the accountability partners start checkking in with each other there will be a great deal of trust built and greater things will be revealed. so happy!!!
love
miguel

Carolyn Norton said...

Sarah,
WOW, what a great blog! I'm so glad Joseph Breen (wasn't that his name?) got his stuff back, and that you got confirmation on it. I know it was probably as much in the back of your mind as it has been in mine. (: Good to know!

And great news with your small group, but please know we cannot take the credit for things turning out that way... the Lord obviously placed those things on our hearts to talk about last week, and I'm so glad it registered with ya'll because I truly believe your small group will grow and develop in amazing ways now! (: Make sure Marc has an accoutability partner too. Being the only teenager in your church, I think he can learn so much from ya'll!

We can't thank you, Miguel and the others enough for your generosity, hospitality and kindness while we were there! It's been so hard to be back home (esp. bc/ we've all been pretty sick). I'm already planning my next visit and wish it were tomorrow!

Call me when you come to the states. Would love to try to see you again. Miss you girlie!
Carolyn