Wednesday, March 26, 2008

An Update from Atlanta....

First I had to share this amazing picture of the Tanksley family (thanks to Melanie, who took this last week)! Aron is growing up fast, and I'm probably the only one from our Spain team last summer who hasn't met him in person yet, but I HAVE tried! It sounds like Jen and Scott have both been sick on and off this past winter, but I think things are turning around. Thought some of you in Vilanova/Sitges might want to see this.

Well, we just celebrated EASTER here (as did you), which (in the U.S.) consists of Easter egg hunts and a visit from the Easter Bunny (if you have kids in the family), among the biggest celebration to us all, which is the death and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ! It always amazes me that we (full of sin) are the recipients of the ultimate sacrifice and are loved by the creator of the universe! How awesome is that?! Personally, I celebrated Easter in Richmond, Virginia with my family, who I hadn't seen since Christmas! My nieces and nephew are 8, 7, 5, 4 and 3, so it was super fun! The Easter Bunny filled their baskets with books, clothes and candy, and they were all very happy. (: I'm including a picture of me with them last weekend (and yes, my nephew and one of my neices DO have colored hair, which they did just for fun at the Easter Parade that day). I'm also anxious to hear if you (in Sitges) have hidden the eggs we left you for the kids in YOUR church? Let me know. (:

In other news....as far as updates on our team from last summer... David Walker is getting ready to leave (tomorrow) for a mission trip to NORTH AFRICA, so please keep him and his team in your prayers! They are not allowed to tell people where they're going over there OR that they're there as Christians or on a "mission trip", and they'll be staying in an all-Muslim area, so it may be a little dangerous. Check out their blog: http://northafrica08.blogspot.com/. And CARA HAIN turns 30 on April 1st (next week), which is "April Fools Day" in the states, so send her an email and wish her a happy b'day when you get a chance: carahain@gmail.com . I know she'd love to hear from you guys! Julie Allen, our very own Spanish teacher, is going to be leading a trip to Sevilla this summer! Their "mission" will be to do an English camp to teach them English, so Julie will be great for that. I know she'll miss seeing her friends in Vilanova, but obviously God has called her to another part of Spain this year, so she's following His lead! Michael Frank ("Franko", "Miguel"...) is doing great too. I talked to him this morning in fact, and he has his hands in many things as usual, from leading "Fusion" (for singles) and "Extreme" (for middle school kids), to starting a new small group, to working for the National Guard on weekends and real estate during the week! It makes me tired thinking of all that he's doing! He is hoping to go on the fall trip back to Vilanova (as I am of course), so you may see both of us again soon if all works out! Here's a picture of him, me and some other girl friends of our's from my b'day celebration 2 weeks ago (some friends had a party for me and our friend Cheryl, who has a birthday near mine). Don't ask why we have on silly hats and dresses....


Oh, and we saw Betsy, our fearless leader from last summer, at our last Spain Celebration, who looks great and is enjoying married life! That's all I know, besides the Tanksley's news, which I told you about above. Just wanted to fill you in on some updates.


Miss you and love you all! Get back on the blog and fill us in on what's going on in YOUR lives! (:
Carolina

No comments: