Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My first blog ever!

Once upon a time a group singles from Buckhead church traveled to Vilanova, Spain in hopes of impacting the lives of a group of people. Little did they know how this very special group of people would impact them.

As I sit here on election night in America, I think of how I have never known what it is like to be told I have to worship a certain way. I never realized what a luxury it was until I got the opportunity to see a small glimpse of what forced religion can do to our souls. Our God is so great to give us free will and I freely love Him.

Thank you to everyone in Sitges and Vilanova for opening your homes and sharing your hearts. Thank you for allowing us to pray for you and with you. I've always believed that prayer works and I'm glad that you guys are seeing all of our prayers answered in a very real way. Sarah, we were so excited to get the news of your attendance on Sunday!

I have never written on a blog before and I was told to just write what touched me the most. Well in order to do that I would have to choose between hiking to the top of beautiful Montserrat and being able to put my feet in the Mediterranean Sea. Between walking the streets of Spain while praying aloud to our Father for His blessing over these people and listening to the sounds of people worshiping Him in a language I can't speak. Between connecting with some amazing Christians and praying for the people there that aren't. All in all, this trip exceeded any expectations I might have had. My eyes and heart have been opened even more.

You guys continue to be in my thoughts and prayers and I hope to be grossed out by your food again very soon. ;)
Much love to my extended family in Spain,
Jill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet! great post and welcome to the blogosphere!

keep it up! awesome stuff happening everywhere...

liza_missionaris of God said...

hii
my name liza,,,i always pray for spain n God said that i will go to there but i don't when and how???so please pray for me :) Gbu n B2B,,,
from liza in indonesia